Blog - page 2

Recent posts

Resetting Z-Wave devices

less than 1 minute read

Since I bought a new Z-Wave controller recently (ZME_UZB which support Z-Wave PLUS) I was now facing an issue there I needed to remove a device from my old c...

Controlling Diskstation via openHAB

less than 1 minute read

While building my Smart Home system I figured I might as well attach my Diskstation DS212 to the controls so I can turn it on and off at will. To make this w...

Home Smart Home - Day 2

less than 1 minute read

After a day of experimentation with openHAB I finally decided to first build a prototype system, rather than cutting real wires and putting the actors in bet...

Home Smart Home

less than 1 minute read

End of last week I finally ordered the first few components to start my Smart-Home project. I am basing my setup on Z-Wave because I like the fact that it is...

My new PC

1 minute read

After some five years I finally decided it was time to say goodbye to my old desktop PC, an old Intel Core2Quad Q9550  with 8GB RAM and an somewhat ancient S...

New blogging engine

1 minute read

Finally, after a year of almost no activity, I have updated my blog with new software. I used to run Wordpress for the past seven or so years but finally dec...

What to do if biber stops working on MacOS X

less than 1 minute read

Yesterday evening I ran into a bit of a problem when I tried building my latex document that uses biblatex/biber. For some reason, biber would not generate a...

Running WindowTester Pro from Maven/Tycho

less than 1 minute read

Running SWTBot tests as part of your maven/tycho build cycle is rather well documented and pretty straight forward (see for example the sonatype docs). Doing...

Running Tycho in Jenkins/Hudson

less than 1 minute read

When I first started running my Tycho/Maven build of my visual editor in Jenkins the build would always fail if a single test failed. That was mainly because...

vRest maven build finally working

1 minute read

I finally managed to get the Maven-based build of my Eclipse-based graphical editor to work - including unit and swtbot-ui tests: